What is Napolcom?
The National Police Commission (NAPOLCOM) is the agency of the Philippine government that administers and controls the Philippine (PNP). It was mandated by the Constitution and the major police reform laws, Republic Act Nos. 6975 and 8551. Under RA 8551 otherwise known as the "PNP Reform and Reorganization Act of 1998", the Commission regained the powers to investigate police anomalies and irregularities and to administer police entrance examination and is granted summary dismissal powers over erring policemen.
One of the major powers and functions of the commission is to exercise administrative rules and regulations for efficient organization, administration, and operation, including criteria for manpower allocation distribution and deployment, recruitment, selection, promotion, and retirement of personnel and the conduct of qualifying entrance and promotional examinations for uniformed members of the PNP.
2 Types of PNP Examinations
The National Police Commission conducts two sets of police examinations twice a year, one for those who are already in the police service (promotional), and another for those aspiring to enter the Philippine National Police (PNP entrance).
The PNP ENTRANCE EXAMINATION is open to all Filipino citizens who meet the age, height and educational requirements. Click here to view the General Qualifications.
The PROMOTIONAL EXAMINATIONS are open exclusively to all qualified uniformed members of the PNP who meet the minimum qualification standards for examination in terms of rank and eligibility.
For this guide we’ll focus on the PNP Entrance Exam or widely known as the Napolcom Entrance Exam.
PNP Entrance Exam
It’s a three- hour examination consists of 200 multiple choice items. The examination covers the following subject areas:
- Philippine Constitution
- Philippine History (Significant Events and Functions)
- Philippine Government (Structures and Functions)
- Laws and Jurisprudence (Functions and Empowerment)
- Five (5) Pillars of the Criminal Justice System (CJS)
- Current Events (Social Awareness and Value Judgment)
- Vocabulary, Comprehension, Grammar
- Basic Concepts , Problem-solving Skills
- Induction, Deduction, Synthesis
The examination fee for the PNP entrance and police officer examinations is P400.
Napolcom Entrance Exam Reviewer
Note: These resources will not guarantee you to pass the exam but it will help you realize what to prepare. Have a free download and extract the files using winrar or winzip.
Files included (86.45MB):
- * Napolcom Reviewer eBook 2015 pdf
- * RA 7610 - Protection against child abuse, exploitation and discrimination
- *RA 9262 - Violence Against Women and their Children
- * RA 6975 – An Act of Establishing the PNP
- *PNP Manual 2015
- *RA 8551 – PNP reform and Organization Act
- *PD 907
- *English Reviewer
- *Algebra Advanced Techniques
- *1987 Philippine Constitution Highlights
Also have the following resources to study before taking the exam: